Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog: Poker Advice of Dubious Value. My name is Rowsdower, and I am a ten year veteran of the felt. I have played the lowest limit hold'em games I could find in Las Vegas and Southern California. I have played 1-2 at the Commerce. 2-4 at Mandalay Bay. 3-6 at Circus Circus. And when I am bold, 4-8 at Bellagio. Limit poker only. I sometimes win, usually lose. There are probably no Las Vegas poker rooms I have not visited. I try not to stay at any one place too long, because I don't want to get known.

I felt this blog was needed because the advice I see on television and in poker books is often so at odds with the kind of decisions and players you encounter in the trenches of low limit hold'em. When you play with beginners, with the drunk and with the confused elderly, people with multiple bandaids on their faces, people with questionable hygene, people with a permament unlit cigarette in their mouth, and people who bitch and moan over who gets the next seat change button - well, you're not dealing with rocket scientists.

Here I want to present real world advice on how to beat these people, gleaned from years in these kinds of games, and wholly unmoored from the typical poker strategy you normally read about. Most casual poker players will play mainly in these types of games, so why not be armed with the best information possible? Hopefully if you play in these kinds of games you will find something of value here.

No comments:

Post a Comment